Tuesday, April 2, 2013

BECAUSE

"Because He lives I can face tomorrow
Because He lives all fear is gone
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives."
-Chorus by Bill and Gloria Gaither
I love this chorus. David Crowder did a version of the song that brings me to my knees when I hear it. Usually when I sing it, I will have tears streaming down my face. 

This song reminds me that I can wake up tomorrow with hope because He lives. Even if everything in my life is a train wreck, my hope in Jesus helps me put one foot in front of the other. When I want to put my covers over my head because the thought of starting another day seems overwhelming, my love for Him gives me strength to get up.

When I am scared, worried, or filled with anxiety I try to take a deep breath and remember He holds my future. He knows the right timing. He knows the next step. He knows my heart desires. He knows what my family needs. He holds my destiny in the palm of His hand. Because He lives He wants me to trust Him and not run around like a chicken with my head cut off, trying to figure out or fix everything.

Life is hard. It can throw you curve balls, knock you to your knees, take your breath away with the pain, and you wonder, "Is all this worth it?" But because He lives, because He died on the cross, because He made the ultimate sacrifice, because He loved us more than enough.... life IS worth living. 


"In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord, for our hope is in you alone." Psalm 33:21-22

0 comments:

Post a Comment