Thursday, April 25, 2013

It's A Party!

In a few days I get the honor of baptizing one of my best friends, Mark and Bryan will have the honor to baptize his wife, Margot. Every time I think about this, tears fill my eyes and I am in awe how God has transformed the lives of this beautiful couple. Words cannot express what a blessing it is to be a part their amazing journey. On Sunday, before their family and friends, they are making a public declaration that they have decided to follow Jesus. I have been to many weddings, funerals, and birthdays which have each been very special. But the celebration of two people I love being baptized in the name of Jesus brings me to my knees. It reminds me of how much God loves each one of us and His desire for EVERYONE to come to him no matter your baggage, past, or even current issues. God didn't wait for Mark and Margot to "clean-up" their act first! He didn't ask them to "get it all together" before they came to him. God did not ask for them to make sure they could "fit into church" or if they knew all the right songs or Bible verses.  He deemed them lovable the moment they were created! He proved his love by the sacrifice on the cross! On April 28, 2013 the angels will sing, the heavens will declare, "Mark and Margot Betram, you two are mine! I will see you in heaven where you will spend eternal life with Me." That is going to be one incredible party!

 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.”    Matthew 28:19

0 comments:

Post a Comment