Friday, March 1, 2013

It's All About Perspective...

Usually when I am driving, I can get easily frustrated by other drivers. Drivers that don't use their blinkers, who are texting, not going the speed limit, or just because they are in my way. Sometimes when I go to work I get behind a school bus which really sends me to "crazyville". They make constant stops and wait until every last child is on the bus, even the one that obviously was too late to catch it, but still the bus waits, as the cars line up behind it forever. And then it is off to the next stop which is literally a few blocks away, to start the process ALL OVER again! Now I am late and fussy and aggravated. If I am not careful I could let this affect my attitude and my day.
 

A few weeks ago, I was going to work and right in front of me the car turned in the left lane and got hit. A truck from the other lane plowed into it. Luckily no one was severely hurt, but a lot of us were pretty shaken up...the outcome could have been drastically different. As I put on my seat belt and tried to catch my breath, I had a "AHA" moment. That could have been me! I was the next car. If I would have raced pass him, like I usually do, I would have been the one who got hit!! I starting praying, "Thank you God for protecting me. Thank you God for letting me get to my destination safely. Thank you for one more day with my family."
 

From that day on I decided it's all about my perspective. When I have to stop at every red light from here to work or I get caught behind a grandpa going slow, I think maybe there is a reason. Instead of getting mad or frustrated, I choose to take a minute, breathe, and thank God for His protection and His unfailing love for me. Maybe God is saying, "Kimberley, slow down. Enjoy the ride. It is better to be late than dead. Driving should not get you angry. Give this time to me."

"But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you." Psalm 5:11


0 comments:

Post a Comment