Monday, November 4, 2013

God Block

In October, I did not write any blogs. Zero. Nada. Nothing. In two years of blogging I have posted at least 2 per month sometimes up to 15. What happened? Sure I have been busy but no more than normal. Every time my fingers hit the keyboard I felt blah. Yep, blah! I thought an idea was there and I would sit down at my computer but nothing would come out. Usually when I write my heart beats fast. I get very excited, often I cry. The words just seem to flow and I can barely keep up the typing with all my thoughts. The longer the month dragged on the worse I felt. I tried to squeeze one out by the 31st so that box wouldn't be empty-no go! God where are you?
Writing is one way I communicate with Him. I know writing is a gift given to me by my Heavenly Father. My blogs are an expression of my heart…..which I gave to Him a long time ago. Why all of a sudden is this blocked? Am I holding on to something I shouldn't be? Anger? Bitterness? Unforgiveness? Hidden sin? Have I been thankful? Praised Him? Are my motives off? Is this about teaching me humility? Have I connected with Him in other ways? Prayer? Worship? With my actions? In my relationships? When I struggle to feel His presence I must answer these questions.


“Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what he did for me. For I cried out to him for help, praising him as I spoke. If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened. But God did listen! He paid attention to my prayer. Praise God, who did not ignore my prayer or withdraw his unfailing love from me.” Psalm 66:16-20
God is always there, always faithful, His love never fails. But sometimes I get in the way and block the communication. If I am honest with myself, it is easier to blame Him then to deal with my own junk. This weekend, I got real with the One who knows my heart and today my words started flowing!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment