Thursday, April 23, 2015

She Comes Home in 48 Hours!


I sent my 14 year old daughter off to Washington DC and New York for eight days. She was going with her 8th grade class to visit all the historical museums, memorials, monuments, and buildings that are the political foundation of the United States America. Throw in a Broadway play, shopping in Times Square, and a Yankees game, and she had the opportunity to experience a trip of a lifetime!

And I didn't go with her...I wanted to make those memories with her. I wanted to share in all those amazing experiences and take pictures together capturing those moments. But I didn't go...As I saw her walk off with her friends at the airport my heart literally lurched in my chest. Wait! Wait for me! She can't go by herself. I will go to protect her. I will be there just in case anything goes wrong. If she gets sick I can handle it. If she has friend troubles I will guide her through it. I will make sure she doesn't get lost, brings her jacket if it’s cold, has her umbrella in case it rains, gets enough sleep, eats right, puts her money in a safe place...and, and, and! But I didn't go!

I knew, deep in my heart, that I had to begin the painful process of her growing up and making decisions and choices without me. She turns 18 and goes off to college in four years! I know I have to spend this precious time I have left, helping her prepare to face the world on her own. It was time to start letting her go. 

"GOD! I am not strong enough to do this! I think this is cruel and unusual punishment. She has never even been on a plane or out of the state without us! So many bad things can happen. So many things can go wrong. She is not ready. I don't like going to bed at night and not seeing her in her room. We drive to school every morning together. It will be quiet and lonely. I would never recover if something happened to her. It's like a piece of my heart is missing already and it hurts!"

"Kimberley, my precious, hysterical child, I GOT THIS! Her name is written on the palm of my hand. I created her and have a plan for her life. Give me your anxiety, your worries, your fear, and let me comfort you and give you strength to carry on. Your job is to love Lakin and raise her to be independent and have faith in Me! You have been teaching her since she was little to be courageous and confident for such a time as this! She is the daughter of a mighty, mighty King who loves her beyond anything you can imagine. Trust me with your daughter!"
 

Worry happens when we assume responsibility God never intended us to have.
"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7






1 comments:

Mobile App Developers said...

I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

Post a Comment