Thursday, January 16, 2014

Breaking Free


Recently, Beth Moore put up 10-14 books on-line for free which I snagged up immediately. Her books are intense and sometimes hard to get through because they deal with deep issues. One of my favorites is called Breaking Free. Although I have read this book before and I am not a fan of rereading, the subjects she talks about are SO important I am going through it again and will blog about what I am learning. I have to share what freedom in Christ means to me and how so many of us stay in captivity; imprisoned by our past, our hurts, fears, bad thinking, broken filters, and our addictions, that we never truly experience the life God wants for us.

As I go through this journey, I invite you to travel along not as a spectator but as an active participant. Don't just read my blog and say, "Well that's great for Kimberley, thank goodness she is working on her junk. Her past sure gave her a lot of baggage. I am glad I don't have to deal with all that." Friends, let's be honest. We probably all have some things blocking us from living a life of victory. A life overflowing with all the joy, peace, love, grace, mercy, faithfulness, and everything else Christ offers us.

"A Christian is held captive by anything that hinders the abundant and effective Spirit-filled life God planned for him or her."

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10

Dear God, bless this journey of claiming your victory in our lives. Open our hearts to hear the truth, block out the lies, and the courage to be faithful in our desire to be changed. Thank you in advance for the mighty work you will do in our lives. To God be the glory forever. Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment