Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Excited To See You!

The other day, I ran into a friend unexpectedly. She was standing on the sidelines of the soccer game I was attending and when I saw her I got so excited! I yelled her name, gave her a big hug, and started chatting away. You would think we hadn't seen each other in months but we actually went to dinner together only three weeks ago. My friend is encouraging, kind, and loves me for who I am. We are transparent with other, talk about our struggles and our screw-ups, and try to figure out how God is shaping us into the person He created us to be. Sometimes we have to call each other out on our junk or give a different perspective but it's done lovingly and with the best intentions. When I went home that night I was thanking God for my friend and I burst into tears. I was so overwhelmed because, in my mind, I saw snapshots of many people that He has placed in my life to love me, of which I am truly, truly grateful for.

But then I saw an image of Jesus, with His hands stretched out wide and a huge smile on His face, saying, "Kimberley, I AM so excited to see you! I love you desperately and can't wait for you to share your day with me. I never get tired of you placing all your troubles at my feet and letting me carry the load. Sometimes, lessons and character building in your life is painful but necessary. I promise to never judge or look down on you. I am very thankful you are my child and can't imagine not being a part of your life!"

I am in awe that the feelings I get when seeing people I enjoy; excitement, happiness, warm fuzzies, and laughter, will be ten-fold when I see my creator! I won't have to be on my best behavior, hold up a mask, or try a bunch of silly things to fit in. I can just run into His arms and know that I am loved beyond measure! That's pretty amazing if you ask me!


"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" 1 John 3:1


0 comments:

Post a Comment