Sunday, March 10, 2013

Desperate for Grace

"Grace does not depend on what we have done for God but rather what God has done for us. Ask people what they must do to get to heaven and most reply, "Be good." Jesus' stories contradict that answer. All we must do is cry, "Help!" Philip Yancey

Many times people ask me what is so different about being a Christian, besides the whole believing in Jesus part? The first word that comes to mine is...grace. Grace is what is different.

Daily, I am in desperate need of grace!! Grace because I yell at my children. Grace because I often forget to open my Bible and feed on the living word. Grace because I don't always act like I am a follower of Jesus Christ. Grace because I put my foot in mouth A LOT! Grace because I have been too afraid to go and do what God wants me to do or share something he wants me to share. Grace because most days I feel...unworthy..not good enough. And then God whispers, "Kimberley, my grace is all you need. My power works best in your weakness. You don't have to be strong. You don't have to do it all right. You don't have to be everything to everyone. You just have to love and obey Me. Nothing you do will make me love you more and nothing you do will make me love you less. "
Grace is not a free pass to do anything that you want to do knowing that you will be forgiven. Grace is not a word we throw around to let people do whatever they want to do without consequences. "Well then, since God’s grace has set us free from the law, does that mean we can go on sinning? Of course not! Don’t you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living." Romans 6:15-16

Grace is a gift of God to people who don't deserve it. Grace is perfect because you can't earn it, you receive it from a God who loves you. Daily, I am desperate for grace and daily I am assured of it from the One who created me.


0 comments:

Post a Comment