Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Plan B

Life Is All About How You Handle Plan B


Plan A is always my first choice...
the one where everything works out.
But more often than not,
I find myself dealing
with the upside down,
inside-out version
where nothing goes as it should.
This is where the real test
of my character comes in.
Do I sink or do I swim?
Do I wallow in self-pity
or simply shift gears
and make the best of the situation?
The choice is mine.
After all...life is all about how you handle Plan B.
           -Suzy Toronto


I saw this poem on a card and just had to write it down. Often our best made plans get messed up. Life rarely turns out the way we picture it in our heads. Sometimes we throw a royal fit when things don't go our way or meet our expectations. Our character is forged in the "fires of life". How we respond to our circumstances shows who we follow. I have learned that God has a much better plan for my life than I could have ever imagined. So even when I don't agree with His timing, His ideas, or His ways I press on. He promises to remain faithful and I choose to believe Him. 

 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13 

0 comments:

Post a Comment