Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Summer Time Kimberley

It's Summer time and as a teacher I morph into a whole new person. Since I have the next two months off there isn't a set schedule, alarm clocks are turned off, calendar is open, and I can get all the stuff done that I put off during the school year because I was so busy. My list includes; clean out closets, organize the office, use my cookbooks more, catch up on laundry (as if), scrapbook, decorate the back porch, landscape front yard, finish sewing project, get new mail box, read two books a week....just to name a few things. 

The other morning as I was lying in bed debating if I even needed to get up, I thought, "Kimberley, don't forget what is important. It is okay to relax and unwind from the school year but your relationship with God should not take time off. Because it is all too easy to take a vacation from Him too."

So when making my summer To-Do-Lists and checking off boxes of tasks completed, I have been trying to make sure I spend time with the PEOPLE God has placed in my life. I also want to focus on my relationship with the one who created me. Because at the end of the day, it's not really about how great your house looks, how well read you are, how efficient you plan your life...it's about how you love! Love is the only thing that lasts after you're gone. Keep this in mind summer Kimberley :)


"So if you’re serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it. Pursue the things over which Christ presides. Don’t shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ—that’s where the action is. See things from his perspective." Colossians 3:1-2 
 (The Message)

0 comments:

Post a Comment