Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bought For A Price

"Kimberley, why do you do all this stuff? Why do you choose to live this way? It doesn't seem easy?"

When my friend asked me this I took pause, Why? You are right easy isn't a word I would call my life. But I am not looking for easy. I choose to live my life THIS way because I was bought...with a price. My life is not my own to live.

If you went to the store and bought a gift, let's say a really expensive gift, and took it home, you would believe it was yours to keep. You would probably not expect it to do its own thing and walk out the door after you paid for it. You bought it. It's yours right?

Well, when I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, I realized my life was not my own to live because my heavenly father sacrificed His one and only son for ME. He paid the ultimate price with the blood of His son. The cost of having a relationship with God was high and even if I turn my back on Him or never choose to believe in Him, this priced was paid anyway. He gives all of us the free will to choose Him. Even though He bought us with the precious, perfect gift of Jesus, we can still walk away and say no.

When I looked up at the cross and saw Jesus there with His arms stretched wide and realized that God loves me beyond my human capacity to understand, I knew that my life would never be the same. That day I told God, I would trust and follow Him the rest of my life. I had no idea what He had in store for me. Again, it has not always been easy. I have failed often. I have stumbled. I have actually tripped and fell flat on my face a few times. But, I don't pull myself up by my bootstraps, dust off, and say well I'll try harder. Instead, I look into the face of my creator, full of mercy and grace, as He says, "Kimberley you will always be mine. I paid the price for you and nothing can shake you from my grasp. Every time you stumble or fall, I will be there to pick you up."


"God paid a high price for you, so don’t be enslaved by the world." 
1 Corinthians 7:23






0 comments:

Post a Comment