Thursday, October 11, 2012

I Am in Awe!

"The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders; where morning dawns, where evening fades, you call forth songs of joy. You care for the land and water it, you enrich it abundantly." Psalms 65:8-9a

My family and I are spending our fall break hanging out and relaxing on Mt. Lemon. We are blessed to have friends who generously share their gorgeous cabin with us. Right now I am sitting on the front porch listening to the wind rustle the leaves in the tree. I hear birds singing songs to each other. My kids are running around playing tag instead of plugged into electronics. I gaze out and see the mountain filled with all different colors of trees and flowers; red, green yellow, and even a splash of purple my favorite :) The sky is so blue and clear it almost seems unreal. I take a deep breath, fill my lungs with the fresh biting air only found in the mountains and I pause.....I truly am in AWE. I am awe that God had created something so beautiful for me to enjoy. I can't believe anybody can look around at nature and not acknowledge that something magnificent played a powerful hand in creating this. Not something but someone who has such pure love to paint the world with such fragile beauty. That same Person also made us in His image, another exquisite creation formed to bring Him glory.

God, what do you want me to know about you as I sit here trying to take this all in?

"Kimberley, I want you to try to grasp just a little bit how massive my love is for you and all my people. This amazing beauty surrounding you doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of how deep my love is for mankind. Those mountains are anthills compared to how high my love is for you. The vastness of the ocean cannot compare to how wide my love is for you. It is good to be in awe of the splendidness of your surroundings but more importantly look at the cross and see the ultimate sacrifice I made for all of you because of how much I love you."

Today, let's look around and search for the beauty of His love maybe in the face of a sleeping child, in the song of a bird, in the memory of an amazing picture, or in the actions of another...ask Him to reveal to you His wonderful creation, evidence of His abiding love. And if you still are blinded to these earthly miracles...just glance at the cross.
"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ," Ephesians 3:17-18

0 comments:

Post a Comment