Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The List

When I am struggling with not being content or grateful, sadness or just down right YUCKY feelings I pray over it first, capture my thoughts, and then I make a list. A list of all the things I like or enjoy or that make me smile. I know this sounds a little silly but I challenge you to just try it..you might be surprised. My list helps me to stop, take a break, and really focus on other things besides my negative thoughts. Sometimes when I jot down a word it makes me laugh, sigh, remember a smell, or even makes me cry. When I am done, I post it on my mirror or by my bedside so I can peek at it everyone in a while.

THINGS I ENJOY
smelly candles
chocolate chip cookies
hot tea with condensed milk (reminds me of grandma)
the smell of new books
bookstores
libraries
blank journals

a good sale
breakfast
a warm blanket right out of the dryer
painting my toenails pink, (actually having someone else paint them pink is better)
getting my hair shampooed at the salon
a made bed, with clean sheets
the sounds of the ocean
watching my kids sleep
smell of rain
opening all the doors in the house for the breeze to come though
reading a sappy love story

looking up things in pinterest knowing I will never really do them
finding a new recipe even though I probably won't cook it
scrapbook paper, it comes in some many kids
Girl Scout cookies

going to lunch with my BFFs
to be continued.....


            "I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your     
                                     name, O Most High." Psalm 9:2





0 comments:

Post a Comment