Sunday, April 22, 2012

Struggling

Today I am struggling....I have felt the spirit of uneasiness and irritation slowly creeping up on me. Instead of fighting it with prayer I became busier, more consumed with just getting things done. I woke up not really wanting to get out of bed, not wanting to start the day, not wanting to deal with ANYTHING. God, can I just not show up today? Can I hide out, pull the covers over my head and pretend to shut out the world, life, responsibilities, my family, my work, my problems? Some days I am so tired. There is always something to be done, someone who needs help or needs to talk, something to fix or figure out. Maybe I have had enough just for today.....

"Kimberley, my beloved daughter, come rest in me. Cast all your cares at my feet and let me bear your burdens. I will be your strength, your rock. I will shelter you beneath my wings."

But God, what does that really mean? You are not coming over to the do the dishes? You are not here folding the huge piles of laundry? Are you going to send the money for a maid? Maybe a cook? A nanny? How are you going to help right now with all that has to be done? 

"Kimberley, I hear your cries. I will never leave you. My love never fails. Find comfort in my promises. It's not about your to do list its about your attitude. Change your focus. Rejoice in all that you do have, praise Me for all the blessings in your life, find peace in My word, don't hide under the covers. Throw them back and declare that THIS IS THE DAY THAT THE LORD HAS MADE. I WILL REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT!"

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens." Psalm 68:19

0 comments:

Post a Comment