Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Journey Begins or Actually Continues...

      Twelve years ago, when I was six months pregnant with our first child, Bryan came to me and said, "Kimberley, God gave me a vision. It's time to go." What? Time to go? You want to leave the church you have been going to since you were ten? The church where we met? Where I was baptized? Where we got married? Where we have been doing ministry for the last five years? The church where I wanted to raise my kids and tell them all the stories we had created within these walls? "Yes, Kimberley God gave me a vision that He wants a community center in midtown. A place where people can find refuge, peace, a purpose, real relationships, and most importantly find Jesus. I don't know exactly what it looks like or where we go from here but it's time to move! Are you in? I can't do this without you."
      Bryan, when I agreed to become your wife I said yes to follow you where ever you go. I know your heart and I trust your spirit. With everything I have I will support you. The journey began....
     We could not have scripted the last decade. So many experiences, so many people, so many paths led us to now. Bryan has been on staff at Pantano for six years but the vision was always there. Last month, the elders and leaders of the church gave Bryan permission to take Elements and become a church plant in midtown Tucson. He is going to spend the next year growing and building to get ready to launch, by 2013. HUGE!!! The journey continues.....
     What does this mean? Well, don't have a lot of the details worked out. But when God says move, we are choosing to obey. How can you help? Pray...pray...pray! Pray for wisdom and guidance. Pray against the attacks on our family. Pray for courage to keep going when the mountain seems too high to climb. Pray that God will give people a heart to come along. Pray that as we push against the darkness of Tucson, God's glory will be revealed in an amazing way. Pray for signs of wonders and miracles that show this city who reigns! 
 "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should." Ephesians 6:18-20

0 comments:

Post a Comment