Friday, September 21, 2012

Choices...

Every day you make choices...hundreds of them. What clothes to wear, what to eat, what to do, how to spend your money, how to act, which direction to take...never ending. But I believe there really is only one essential choice you need to make first thing when you wake up. "Who will you serve today?" God or yourself? "....choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve" Joshua 24:15b. This will be a struggle. The desires of our flesh are strong. We are selfish, fighting to do what we want no matter the cost. We want things our way. We quite often throw fits when we don't get it. Ranting and raving because we don't understand why.
 

How awesome is it that we have a creator that has a plan for our life, the perfect plan. He knows our heart's desires. He hears our cries. He opens his arms and says. "My beloved child, I sent my son to die on the cross so that I can have a relationship with you. Seek after my heart. Get to know me and my will for your life. Anything asked in my spirit will be given to you. I delight in you!"

"Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace." Romans 8:5-6

0 comments:

Post a Comment