Monday, September 24, 2012

Shine Your Light!



"Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16 (The Message)

Lord, help me to shine today. Help me to radiate your glory, your mercy, your grace. I want my cup to be so filled of your love that it just doesn't splash out, but your love POURS out onto others I come into contact with. Let my face reflect your beauty that doesn't come from products or circumstances but comes from the joy that you have infused in my spirit. I don't want to keep you a secret. I want everyone around me to know you by the way I live my life. Put aside my earthly feelings of not being worthy or selfish wanting to do things my way. I cannot do this on my own. You are my strength, my rock. Lord, let me be a light in the darkness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment