Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Mustard Seed...Can I Get Maybe A Peach Seed?

    "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; 
      it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." Hebrews 11:1
 
Sometimes I feel like my faith is so big I can hardly contain it. I want everyone to hear about the Good News and the story of my Jesus. But more often than not my faith seems so small and shriveled. Even after God has shown up over and over again...I still doubt Him. "God are you sure you got this?" "God, are you paying attention?" and maybe even, "Ummm God, I really, really need you to focus. This is important and I don't want you to be silent on this one." 

Life is hard..death occurs, health scares happen, big bills are waiting, personal struggles are continuous, hearts get broken, marriages dissolve, children rebel, houses crumble, jobs fail, people turn away from Him....the list is endless.

Will His love be enough? Will He drop the ball? Will He not answer? Will He just let this one go? Does He get the full picture? I struggle to remember all His promises. All the times He has proven Himself to me, slowly slip my mind. I conveniently forget the hundreds of stories in the Bible of when He showed up; for Moses when He parted the Red Sea or Daniel when He saved him from the lion's den or Jonah from the whale or Joshua in the Battle of Jericho there are too many to even list!  
  
“I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible." Matthew 17:20

 But God, will you really use this seemingly small, little, insignificant bit of faith that I have to move mountains? Don't you get tired of me and my tiny faith? Are you angry at my doubts even after all these years?  

"Kimberley, you are mine. Nothing can separate you from me. I can grow your faith from that small seed as long as you stay connected to me. Remember my promises. Be obedient. Trust me even when you don't feel like it. I will always show up."
“My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” 
2 Corinthians 12:9

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment