Wednesday, January 4, 2012

This One Is Mine!

   Sometimes it is very easy to lose our identity. I am the mother of Lakin, Landen, and Lawson. The wife of Bryan. The daughter of my parents, the sister of Michelle and so on... I look in the mirror and wonder, "Who am I apart from all those titles?" If one of those gets taken away we might feel lost or discouraged because our identity is so closely linked to the labels, to the people. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE being a mom and wife. But, I can't help but think that maybe God doesn't want me to be identified just by my relationships. Maybe we put so much effort into those closest to us we forget to   realize where we come from, who we belong to. 

  "Kimberley I created you. I knitted you together in your mother's womb.(Psalm 139:13) I know the number of hairs on your head.(Luke 12:7) I created you for a purpose and that is to love me. I have blessed you with a family but your heart is spoken for. YOU ARE MINE! I have marked your spirit to love me with all your heart, mind, and soul. I want you to represent my love to others by showing them who I am to you. I expect a lot from you not because of your earthly identity but because of my son up on the cross. I bought you with his blood and this is where your strength comes from. You don't have to achieve greatness to be loved by me. You don't have to be the perfect mom, wife, mentor, or friend. I love you no matter what. Be grateful for whom you are and the people I have place in your life, but give me the glory! And remember, your heart is spoken for."


"I have called you by name, You are mine!" Isaiah 43:1

0 comments:

Post a Comment