Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year

 It's January 1st the New Year has begun! It's time to make Resolutions and actually stick to them. I need to lose weight, eat healthier, exercise, be a more loving wife, a better mom, keep my house cleaner, organize things, not procrastinate, read my Bible more, pray more, do a family devotion, try not to be so loud....holy moly my list of things I need to work on is looong! I am exhausted and overwhelmed just thinking about trying to accomplish one of these things much less two or more. Which one should I start with? Which ones are most important? Should I rank them? Maybe this is really a ten year plan? AAAGH! 

You know what? I don't follow through with resolutions anyway, by March I have lost my motivation. Who am I kidding by the second week in January I am done. I am not going to begin any of this when failure is so imminent! Right? Right?

    "Kimberley, stay connected. Stay connected to me. I am a jealous God don't put your idols ahead of me." (Deut. 4:24)

God, I do not see any golden calves around here. I think I am good. 

"Kimberley do not put your husband before me (God, he is really awesome though), nor your children (but they are my heart), not your family, your work, your ministry, your scrapbooking...I should come first. Clean your heart and thoughts before having pride in a clean house. Your body is my temple make sure it glorifies me and not the images of this world. Your best is but filthy rags before my feet. Don't try harder running in circles and in all different directions. Stay connected to me at all times and I will direct your path. (Proverbs 3:5-6) Give me your heart, your mind, and your soul and the other stuff will eventually fall into place. I am your creator and I designed you to have a relationship with me...without me you can do nothing. (John 15:5)

WHOA! I am thinking the first thing on my list should be a real, active, life-giving relationship with God. He calls me by name, knows my heart, and loves me no matter what. I don't have to earn his love or be the best at anything for him to notice me. If I don't get this part right all the other items on my list are about me.... not the one who gave me his son.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Hebrews 12:1-3

0 comments:

Post a Comment