Wednesday, February 22, 2012

By Your Side

I was listening to this song by Tenth Avenue North, By Your Side and it just struck me how much I sometimes fight God. I struggle against the things I know he wants for me. I ignore the stuff I know he wants me to do. Or the best one, I try to do it all on my own. Like I have things figured out better than him so I am going to do it my way. 

The song says:
"Why are you striving these days? Why are you trying to earn grace?
Why are you crying? Why are you looking for love? Why are you still searching? As if I'm not enough. Where will you go child? Tell me where will you run?"

Why do we run away from Him or try to hide? Why do we feel like we have to do more to earn his love? Why do we keep trying to fill our voids with the things of this world and act like He is not enough? Why do we keep searching for our purpose when He created us for Him? Why are we fighting Him?

The songs continues:"I'll be by your side wherever you fall. In the dead of night whenever you call.
Please don't fight these hands that are holding you. My hands are holding you."


God has us in his hands. He will be by our side whenever we fall, whenever we try it our own way and fail, whenever we call out His name. He will be there holding us in His magnificent hands.  Let's stop running either the other way or in circles. Let's stop seeking answers from wrong places. Let's turn towards our heavenly father and rest in him. Take His hand, walk beside Him, and trust Him with our life. 

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes;" Proverbs 3:5-7

0 comments:

Post a Comment