Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Can You Hear Me Now Part 2

       
Another way I hear God is through music. I will be driving along and hear a song come on KLOVE that will knock my socks off. I could have heard it a hundred times before and all of a sudden today, it hits me like a ton of bricks. He will use songs to comfort me like, "Never Let Go" by David Crowder. This song promises that God will not let go of me.....EVER! He will always be there even when no one else is. 
       He will use a song to remind me of where I came from like the "The Vow" by Geoff Moore. It states that right here, right now I stand alone and I make my vow. Whatever it takes I will be faithful.
       Sometimes he just wants to remind me who is he, like "All Consuming Fire" by Jesus Culture. God is not something to dabble in he wants to consume my life to live it for him. 
       Other times he is saying get off your butt and proclaim my name, "Go" by Hillsong United which states just that. GO!. 
       Often he is bending my will, like "Here for You" by Chris Tomlin. This song makes me weep. God wants it all. He wants my heart to be filled with his love. My heart to be open to him, not hiding. It is not about what I want but what He wants. I am here for him, created by him, for his will.
      The song that brings me to His throne is "In Christ Alone".  One of the choruses goes like this:
                                     No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me; 
From life's first cry to final breath. 
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.

You want to hear God? Turn on some worship music and start singing.

                      "I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High." Psalms 9:2

TO BE CONTINUED>>>>>>>>


0 comments:

Post a Comment