Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Letter to My Husband's Boss


DEAR........

I am sure your plate and heart is very full with your many tasks and responsibilities at hand but I wanted to hopefully give you some encouragement or at least a few laughs.
As a wife, more often than not you can spend much of your marriage waiting or watching for your husband to find themselves, their purpose, their niche, or come into their own. This can put such a strain on couples, the family, the marriage, when the frustrations of the workplace eek into the home life. When I met Bryan I knew God had a unique purpose for his life. When I committed to being his wife I told him then I would follow him wherever he thought God wanted us to go. If you know my personality this was definitely a God thing because letting go of the known and trusting can be difficult for me.
When he came home and said you guys wanted him to be a pastor at Pantano it took me sometime to digest. I liked him being just the sound guy. It was safer, easier. I told Bryan I wanted to have a meeting with you to ask you what your intentions were for him. I know this sounds crazy but the church where he grew up and served last did not treat him very kind. Watching him being beaten down for three years by his closest mentor, friend, and pastor was almost unbearable. I wanted to be sure you knew what Bryan was about.
Did you see his heart? Did you see his love for Jesus and people? Did you see his potential? Did you know that when I gave birth to our daughter he stepped up and took care of us? Did you know he has been incredible on this crazy journey with my family? Did you know that even though he can mismanage time and doesn’t take out the trash enough… his patience and grace with others is amazing? Did you know he is the love of my life, my best friend, and we are partners in ministry? Will you mentor him with integrity? Will you lead him with honor? Will you polish off the rough edges with grace? Will you respect his wisdom even though he is young? Will you value his opinions and experiences? Will you give him the chance to live out the purpose God has designed for him? 
Obviously, I didn’t meet with you…God put his hand on my shoulder and over my mouth. I asked Bryan, “Do you think this is where God wants us? Do you trust these guys to lead you?” He replied, “Kimberley, I have watched them over the last couple of years. I trust them. I believe God wants us here but you have to be on board. I won’t do this if you are not on board.” With some hesitance and faith I replied, “I told you when I married you I will follow you wherever you go.”
______you have given my husband the opportunity to live out the purpose God created him for. You have lead him with honor and integrity. You have trusted him and valued his opinion. My husband loves and respects his boss. He enjoys going to work even during the crazy meetings :) God is polishing his edges by letting him be around incredible men/women who love Jesus. Some people think it is great to be a pastor’s wife because of their misconceptions of ministry. I think it’s great to be the wife of a man who loves God and is coming into his own.

Thank you,
Kimberley

0 comments:

Post a Comment