Friday, February 3, 2012

Can You Hear Me Now? Part 4



"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind." James 1:5-6  

     Finally, God speaks to me because I talk to him.... a lot! Now before you get down on yourself because you feel you don't do this enough, hear me out. Yes, He talks to me when I pray. Prayer is a direct communication line. But again, I don't pray as much as I should. When I say talk, I mean throughout the day. I have constant mini conversations or arguments with him all day. Lying in bed in the morning I pray dear God help me get through this day. In the shower I ask him,' What do you really want from me today?" Driving to work I tell him to help me not bump anyone off the road because they are going so slow or not to yell at the McDonald's lady because she gave me sweet tea. Sometime during lunch I again will ask,"What do you want from me?" not in a very nice way. Many times he is silent. I hear nothing. 
    When I come home after work my first reaction is to go hide in my room and decompress but I will feel a gentle nudge, "Kimberley you are blessed to have children... go spend time with them."  or when I snap at my husband, I feel a pull at my heart to apologize. Or when I am at Target really wanting to buy that skirt on sale and I feel, "No you don't need that. Have some self-restraint." These are moments I call Go-Go and No-No moments. God sent his Holy Spirit to live in us. He will direct your path. This isn't Jimney Cricket your conscience talking to you. These are the moments where you know you are supposed to go and do something or you know you are supposed  to definitely NOT do something. The more you listen and obey the clearer this voice gets. Just keep talking to Him!!!

"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people" Ephesians 1:17-18

0 comments:

Post a Comment